YUM @ Cowcross Yards
Cowcross Yards will celebrate its rich culinary history with YUM @ Cowcross Yards: a series of events, activations and animations for local residents, visitors and workers to enjoy.
Show Us Ya Buns challenge
Cowcross Yards and Urban Food Fest have decided to temporarily close the weekly street food market and our events, which includes YUM: Hot cross @ Cowcross Yards that was set to take place on 2 April.
As we are now working from home, we want to bring the YUM to you. This Easter, we are celebrating Britain’s best-loved baked treat, the hot cross bun and we are setting Londoners the challenge to ‘Show Us Ya Buns.’
We are calling all budding bakers to put on their chef’s hat and cook up a storm. Any keen bakers wanting to take part can share their weird and wonderful recipes, or can even bake their own twist on classic hot cross buns and share their goodies with us by tagging @cowcrossyards on Instagram or Facebook, using #CowcrossShowUsYaBuns.
To take part in the #CowcrossShowUsYaBuns challenge:
- Take the Cowcross Yards special recipe – visit here for the recipe
- Add your twist – either create an unusual recipe or go the extra mile and actually bake a bun using the ingredients that you already have in your cupboards – sugared almonds, popping candy, hot fudge, peanut butter, candy floss, whatever you like!
- Share your images/recipes on Instagram or Facebook tagging @cowcrossyards with the hashtag #CowcrossShowUsYaBuns
- Points go to those buns that are mouth-watering yet extraordinary flavours, or fun presentations! Go on and show us ya buns!
* Each week Cowcross Yards will pick their favourite bun(s) and re-share them on Instagram and Facebook. The challenge is live now and closes on Easter Sunday.