Take a trip of a lifetime with #CowcrossYardsWorldFoodTrail
At Cowcross Yards we have a varied offering of delicious global cuisines, and this July we want to take Cowcross connoisseurs on a culinary holiday to tantalise your travel taste buds. While many of us may not be able to travel abroad for a summer holiday this year, why not eat like we’re on one?!
To bring you a taste of summer, we are partnering with 6 exceptional foodie influencers who will create their favourite world cuisine dishes, inspired by their travels across the globe. Keep an eye out for Q&As with our guest influencers to learn about the travels that inspired their dishes and why their dish brings back that holiday feeling.
Each week we’ll transport you to a different part of the world, honing in on the flavours, smells and cuisines of that much loved location, expertly told by our very special foodie friends.
Follow the @cowcrossyards Instagram and look for the #cowcrossyardsworldfoodtrail hashtag for a little taste of holiday cuisine.
Take the #LockdownLunch challenge: Get your lunch judged by top London foodie KS Ate Here
We have teamed up with KS Ate Here and Urban Food Fest to inspire your lunchtimes while on lockdown. It appears the nation’s foodies have become more creative on lockdown – sales of cocktail ingredients have soared as people recreate ‘happy hour’ at home and cooks have been more creative in the kitchen as they try to use up all their ingredients in the cupboard.
In order to keep us inspired and our taste buds satisfied, Cowcross Yards is launching a competition to find who can make the most delicious and creative lunch dish at home. Those who enter are in with a chance of winning a free foodie experience day at Cowcross Yards when it reopens later this year.
Are you up to the #LockdownLunch challenge?
- Follow @CowcrossYards in Instagram
- Create your lockdown lunch dish – using only 4 ingredients and made in less than 14 minutes – that’s the challenge!
- To enter, post your photo or video on Instagram and tag @CowcrossYards and use the hashtag #LockdownLunch
The competition closes on June 14 – so get your entries in before then. The winner lunch will be judged by KS Ate Here and street food connoisseurs Urban Food Fest and will win a free foodie experience at Cowcross Yards when it reopens this year. Street food vendors like Sweet Doris, Two Foodies and Over the Counter will also be creating their lockdown lunches to get you inspired.
Cowcross Yards’ weekly food market is currently closed details of the re-opening will be announced in the coming months. Follow @CowcrossYards on Instagram to stay up to date with news of our reopening dates and other exciting foodie news and competitions.
Show Us Ya Buns challenge
Cowcross Yards and Urban Food Fest have decided to temporarily close the weekly street food market and our events, which includes YUM: Hot cross @ Cowcross Yards that was set to take place on 2 April.
As we are now working from home, we want to bring the YUM to you. This Easter, we are celebrating Britain’s best-loved baked treat, the hot cross bun and we are setting Londoners the challenge to ‘Show Us Ya Buns.’
We are calling all budding bakers to put on their chef’s hat and cook up a storm. Any keen bakers wanting to take part can share their weird and wonderful recipes, or can even bake their own twist on classic hot cross buns and share their goodies with us by tagging @cowcrossyards on Instagram or Facebook, using #CowcrossShowUsYaBuns.
To take part in the #CowcrossShowUsYaBuns challenge:
- Take the Cowcross Yards special recipe – visit here for the recipe
- Add your twist – either create an unusual recipe or go the extra mile and actually bake a bun using the ingredients that you already have in your cupboards – sugared almonds, popping candy, hot fudge, peanut butter, candy floss, whatever you like!
- Share your images/recipes on Instagram or Facebook tagging @cowcrossyards with the hashtag #CowcrossShowUsYaBuns
- Points go to those buns that are mouth-watering yet extraordinary flavours, or fun presentations! Go on and show us ya buns!
* Each week Cowcross Yards will pick their favourite bun(s) and re-share them on Instagram and Facebook. The challenge is live now and closes on Easter Sunday.